Are you worried about a child?

If you are worried about the welfare of a child or young person, the Children’s Advice and Support Service (CASS) provides a single point of contact for members of the public and for professionals who want to raise concerns about a child.

They will listen, assess your concerns, and can take action if a child is at risk. If you are not sure whether a child is at risk or not you can discuss the circumstances with them or with them.

You can report your concerns to CASS by phone or by completing an online referral form.
Telephone number: 0121 303 1888 (Monday to Thursday: 8:45am to 5:15pm, Friday: 8:45am to 4:15pm)
Telephone emergency out-of-hours: 0121 675 4806
Online referral form:

Do you have concerns about an organisation that is running a holiday programme and/or staff and volunteers working at a holiday club?

The Local Authority Designated Officer (LADO) is the person who should be notified when there are concerns about the behaviour or conduct of a professional or volunteer who works with children.

The LADO will provide advice and guidance on whether the allegation sits within the scope of the procedures. If the allegation does fall within the scope of the procedures, the LADO will oversee the management of the allegation, co-ordinate information sharing with the right people and monitor and track any investigations, with the aim to resolve it as quickly as possible.

The LADO liaises with organisations such as the police, other departments within the council such as social care, regulatory bodies such as Ofsted and professional bodies to ensure a thorough and fair process for all those involved.

You can contact the LADO by phone, email or you can complete a referral form:
Phone: 0121 675 1669
LADO Referral and Advice Form: